Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can I apply crackle medium straight onto the bare wood? Then paint over it. I dont have enough paint under.?

I only have enough paint to do one layer of crackle medium, then one layer of desired colour. I just want the color with a bit of crackle to it. I'm doing a little table. Any advice appreciated :)Can I apply crackle medium straight onto the bare wood? Then paint over it. I dont have enough paint under.?
No, you need to either gesso the table first to seal it, for wood is porous. Whatever the paint you put it on, it would be soaked right in and not be shown well. Or you need to put a layer of paint on it first. Anyway just to seal the porous surface.

1 comment:

  1. I want to crackle paint a highchair. If the highchair is already painted white then can I just proceed to the crackle and then black paint?

    ReplyDelete