Thursday, February 11, 2010

Has anyone ever used crackle paint before?

I want to paint my room using crackle paint but my mom doesn't want to because she isn't sure how hard it is to paint over after I move out. Has anyone ever used it then painted over it that could share their testimony?Has anyone ever used crackle paint before?
I have used crackle paint on funiture and on walls. Depending on how thickly applied, it is not that difficult to paint over. If you want big thick cracks revealing the basecoat, you apply the topcoat in a very thick covering. That is a little more difficult to ';cover up'; with paint later, but it simply requires two thick primer coats to do with something like Zinsser or Bin, both of which are thick bodied primers. If you have fine line crackles, it is very easy to cover sometimes with just latex rolled over it.Has anyone ever used crackle paint before?
Never heard of crackle paint
Your Mom is one smart Mama... I always use my own u-rine instead.
unless you're painting on wood, it will probably not work well. The crackle base coat must be smooth in order for the top coat to crackle.





In any event, i'd guess it would be difficult to paint over due to the texture of the paint when it dries. You'd have to sand it very well and possibly fill it. could be a big mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment