Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do I mix a color wash to paint transparent detail over crackle paint?

I am trying to paint a dresser to match a bed I bought at Posh Tots, but don't know how to mix the pastel paints done over the crackle. Check out a picture of the look I'm going for here...





http://www.poshtots.com/catalog/pop/product_images.asp?product_id=2694





There are quite a few colors I would like to use when painting the detail, so I was hoping to just mix some from my collection of acrylic tube paints. Is this possible?





Should I put a sealer over the crackle paint before doing the color wash? If not, will the color wash crackle too?





Thanks so much for your help!





LacyHow do I mix a color wash to paint transparent detail over crackle paint?
I would check with some of the good home paint stores in your area because the products that created that bed finish areformulated to work together and to get the same effect with paints that are not preformulated would be lucky at best. I have been trying to find a topcoat that I can paint on my Oil paintings and so far have not had good luck. I used to paint furniture with a cracle laquer finish and I know that with out the formulated paints and good timing it is diffficult to achieve a good crackle finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment