Thursday, February 11, 2010

HELP!!!!!!!! Crackle paint????????

I recently painted the furniture in my room (bed, dresser, desk) with a green latex based paint. I quickly tired of that, believing it looked childish. :) Lol. Well, it does! So, what I've always wanted to try was that crackle, antique-ish look. I'm not sure how to do it though. My mamaw used to do it on small projects. But I don't know how it would work out on large projects.





Anywho, my main question is first off...





1.Where can I buy this, ';crackle paint';? I was wanting an off-white color.





2. How do you do it?





3. Would I have to take the first coat of paint (the green latex based) off first? Or could I just paint over it????





4. If I do need to take that first coat of paint off before I proceed with the ';crackle paint';, what is the best way to remove paint?HELP!!!!!!!! Crackle paint????????
Hmmm...


You're most likely to find crackle paint at Lowes hardware or Home Depot.


The people at the paint departments in each of those hardware stores are very good with questions such as yours. (Look for someone older to ask or someone who ISN'T wearing clean clothes. It means they actually do something) ;)


The best way to take of paint is with 80 grit sand paper followed by 150 grit, 250, and finally 400/500. (It's really simple stuff. The people at the place where you purchase these materials will be very knowledgeable)HELP!!!!!!!! Crackle paint????????
well, i know nothing of this sort, but for my baby room i decided to redo a dresser that was finished and everything. i put this stuff on before i painted it and even tho the dresser was finished it was the perfect primer for me to just paint over- no sanding or anything. it was called bulls eye 123 and u just paint over it once it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment