Thursday, February 18, 2010

What's the best way to repair sagging crackle paint on wall?

For any experienced painters, I attempted the crackle effect on walls of a bedroom. 90% of it looks great, but in some areas the top coat sagged causing raised areas and smeared blue look over the cream under coat. What's the best way to fix this in the affected areas?


Thanks to anyone for your help. I don't want to screw up the whole wall.What's the best way to repair sagging crackle paint on wall?
It depends if the areas are hard enough to sand smooth without ripping up the wall.If so you might skim areas with drywall mud a couple times to smooth.eiather way your proplems gonna be how to touch up those ares youve smoothed without them standing out like a sore thumb.its hard enough to t.u. in middle of a wall without it showing using regular paint ,but with a finish of your type its very hard to accomplish this .you mighht have to repaint from corner to corner after repair.good luckWhat's the best way to repair sagging crackle paint on wall?
You can sand the effected area spot in with your base color then follow steps 2 %26amp; 3 I recently completed a project one area got away from me .I saned the area down spotted in with my base coat then put my crackle on then top coat blended in nicely good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment