Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can you mix crackle medium and paint?

I am wanting to know if you can mix crackle medium and paint and have it work successfully.





I am making beads and want to crackle them, I am finding it hard to coat them with the crackle and then paint over them because it's such a small space, and I keep messing it up.


It would be nice if I could mix the crackle and the paint, so I only had to go over the bead once... is that possible?Can you mix crackle medium and paint?
Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The crackle medium activates with the acrylic or latex paint being applied over it because it is a chemical reaction. I've tried it on a few surfaces and it never worked.Can you mix crackle medium and paint?
There is paint out now that has the


crackle and the paint mixed together already. Check with Hobby Lobby. I


haven't seen it in Michael's yet.


Or you can order ir online at www.


craftsetc.com
I don't think so, but can't you paint it first then crackle?

No comments:

Post a Comment